Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Feodorovsky Settlement (Pushkin Town)

Feodorovsky Settlement (Pushkin Town)

Categories / Architecture/Architectural Monuments/Architectural Ensembles
Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Monuments of history and culture

FEODOROVSKY SETTLEMENT, an architectural ensemble of the town of Pushkin, to the north-west from the Alexandrovsky Park. It was constructed in the Neo-Russian style on the initiative of Emperor Nicholas II and encompasses the Court Cathedral of Our Lady Fedorovskaya, the Whitestone (for the priests of the cathedral), the Pink (for deacons), the Yellow (for prichetniks (religious officials below the rank of a deacon)) and the White (for lowest religious officials) chambers, the Refectory (1913-1917, architect S.S. Krichinsky), the Ratnaya (military) chamber (1913-1917, architect S.Y. Sidorchuk) and the Church of Our Lady Fedorovskaya His Imperial Majesty’s Own Escort (essentially it was a Domestic Chapel of the Imperial Family). The architecture of the ensemble features motifs of the 17th century Moscow-Yaroslavl architecture. In the course of Feodorovsky Settlement construction, the Society of the Artistic Rus Renaissance (1915 - October of 1917) was established, its meetings took place in the Refectory Chamber (chairman Count A.A. Shirinsky-Shikhmatov, members: artists A.M.Vasnetsov and V.M. Vasnetsov, I.Y. Bilibin, M.V. Nesterov and others). When the First World War broke out, military hospital No.17 was arranged in Feodorovsky Settlement, being under the patronage of Empress Alexandra Fedorovna and the Grand Princesses (from April 1916 there S.A. Esenin did military service). In 1918, the complex of Feodorovsky Settlement was given over to the Agronomical Institute, ravaged and partially destroyed in the years of German occupation (1941-1944). Since 1976, reconstruction works have been being carried out, since 1994 Feodorovsky Settlement has been being restored as Patriarchs' Manor.

References: Синей Л. И. Из истории Федоровского городка (1913-1918): По материалам РГИА // Малые города России: Культура. Традиции: Материалы науч.-практ. конф. М.; СПб., 1994. С. 20-22; Федотов А. С. Праздники и концерты в Федоровском городке Царского Села (1914-1917 гг.) // Петербургские чтения-97. СПб., 1997. С. 665-670.

Y. M. Piryutko

Alexandra Fedorovna, Empress
Bilibin Ivan Yakovlevich
Esenin Sergey Alexandrovich
Krichinsky Stepan Samoilovich
Nesterov Mikhail Vasilievich
Shirinsky-Shikhmatov Alexey Alexandrovich
Sidorchuk S.Y.
Vasnetsov Apollinary Mikhailovich
Vasnetsov Viktor Mikhailovich

Pushkin, town

The subject Index
Court Cathedral of Our Lady Feodorovskaya


Houses of the Fiodorovsky Cathedral clergy of the parish, that were enclosed with the wall with six towers and three gates, according to the type of Russian citadel, were constructed
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


17 January. In the Alexander Palace, Crown Prince of Serbia Alexander was received. 3 February. In the Alexander Palace, Nicholas II received Maurice Paleologue, the new French ambassador, and all members of the French Embassy. 24 June
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


13 February. At the house of the literary critic and A.Akhmatova's true friend N.V. Nedobrovo Anna Andreyevna Akhmatova presented her "treasured black ring" to the artist Boris Anrep who was the addresse of many poems written by A. Akhmatova
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


30 January - 8 March. Andrei Bely, a poet and prosaist, stayed at R.V. Ivanov-Razumnik, a literary critic and publicist, in Tsarskoye Selo. 4 February. Niktopolion Svyatsky, a poet and warrior, died in Tsarskoye Selo
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


The summer. Maksim Gorky arrived to Detskoye Selo for resting, he occupied several rooms in the merchant Skorospekhov's house in Proletarskya Street. The memorial room was opened there on 18 June 1941 and the memorial plaque was set
Source: Tsarskoe Selo

Alexandrovsky Park (Pushkin)

ALEXANDROVSKY PARK (Pushkin), a landscape architecture monument, situated west of Ekaterininsky Park. The park is a part of Tsarskoe Selo palace and park ensemble. Alexandrovsky Park covers an area of 120 hectares

Court Cathedral of Our Lady Feodorovskaya

COURT CATHEDRAL OF OUR LADY FEODOROVSKAYA in Tsarskoe Selo, located at 32 Akademichesky Avenue, Pushkin, an architectural monument, attached to the unfinished complex of Feodorovsky settlement

His Imperial Majesty Personal Life-Guards Mixed Infantry Regiment

His Imperial Majesty Personal Life-Guards Mixed Infantry Regiment was established on August 17, 1907 to serve as personal guards of the Emperor. It consisted of the headquarters and two battalions

Nicholas II, the Emperor (1868-1918)

Nicholas II (1868, Tsarskoe Selo - 1918), Emperor from 1894 to 1917. Son of Emperor Alexander III and Empress Maria Fedorovna. Married Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt, who took the name of Alexandra Fedorovna

Pushkin, town

PUSHKIN, a town and municipal unit situated south of Saint Petersburg. Known until 1918 as Tsarskoe Selo, and in 1918-37 as Detskoe Selo. As of 2002, population totalled approximately 95,000 inhabitants

The Sovereign Military Chamber

The Sovereign Military Chamber was built not far from the Anichkov Palace by architect S.Y. Sidorchuk in 1913 – 1916 by order of Nikolay II. The building was constructed after the fashion of ancient chambers of Pskov-and-Novgorod stone architecture

The Tsar Railway Station

The Emperor Own Railway branch line and a wooden railway station pavilion, intended for supplying an imperial residence in the Alexander Palace, was constructed in 1895 for safeguarding Emperor Nicholas II
Source: Tsarskoe Selo

Tsarskoe Selo, palace and park ensemble

TSARSKOE SELO (Pushkin town), a monument of town-planning and a palace and park ensemble dating from the 18th to the beginning of the 20th century. The core of the ensemble is the estate of Empress Catherine I Sarskaya Myza (founded in 1710)