The subject index
/
Smolny Architectural Ensemble
hidden
|
All-Russian Congress of Workers' and Soldiers' Soviet Deputies, Second
THE SECOND ALL-RUSSIAN CONGRESS OF WORKERS' AND SOLDIERS' SOVIET DEPUTIES, was held at Smolny from 25 to 27 October (7 to 9 November) 1917. Its sitting was delayed on several occasions; from the middle of September until 20 October (2 November)
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
City Administration (entry)
CITY ADMINISTRATION. The system of City Administration in St. Petersburg from the beginning of the 18th century developed in 2 directions - the city government and self-government (see City self-government). From 1703 the city was governed by A. D
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Constituent Assembly, All-Russian
ALL-RUSSIAN CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY, a body of representatives established on the basis of universal suffrage in order to form a government and draft a Constitution for Russia
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Elizaveta (Elizabeth) Petrovna (1709-1761), Empress
ELIZAVETA (Elizabeth) PETROVNA (1709-1761, St. Petersburg), Empress (since 1741), daughter of Peter the Great and Elizaveta I. Before taking the throne, she lived in a palace at the Tsaritsyn Medow in St
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Kirov S.M. the 1st secretary of the regional party committee in 1926-34
KIROV (born Kostrikov) Sergey Mironovich (1886-1934, Leningrad), statesman and party worker. He graduated from Kazan Elementary Mechanical-technical School (1904)
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Leningrad City Committee of All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks)
LENINGRAD CITY COMMITTEE OF THE ALL-UNION COMMUNIST PARTY (BOLSHEVIKS) - Communist Party of the Soviet Union (Leningrad City Committee) was the leading organ of the Leningrad City Organization of the Communist Party
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Leningrad Provincial Committee of the All-Union Communist Party (Bolshevik)
LENINGRAD PROVINCIAL COMMITTEE OF THE ALL-UNION COMMUNIST PARTY (BOLSHEVIK) [before 1924, it was called Petrograd Provincial Committee of the Russian Social-Democratic Workers' Party (Bolshevik)- the Russian Communist Party (Bolshevik)- the
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Leningrad Soviet
LENINGRAD SOVIET (Leningrad City Soviet of People"s Deputies), the supreme authority on the terriory of Leningrad. It originated from Petrograd Soviet of working people and soldiers" deputies founded on February 27 (March 12 New Style)
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
October Revolution (October Armed Revolt) of 1917
OCTOBER REVOLUTION (OCTOBER ARMED REVOLT) of 1917, the name accepted in Soviet historical literature of the events in Petrograd of 24 -26 October (6 -8 November) 1917
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Okhta, river
OKHTA (from Finnish word meaning "bear; pertaining to a bear"), a river in the east of St. Petersburg, the largest tributary to the Neva River within the limits of the city
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Otsup P.A. (1883-1963), photographer
OTSUP Peter Adolfovich (1883, St. Petersburg 1963), photographer, initiator of Russian photo reporting. In 1890s he worked as a pupil in a photo studio. From 1900, he worked as photographer for journals Ogonyok, Solntse Rossii, Niva, Nash Vestnik
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Petrograd Bureau of the Central Committee of Russian Communist Party (of Bolsheviks)
PETROGRAD BUREAU OF THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE OF RUSSIAN COMMUNIST PARTY (OF BOLSHEVIKS), established no later than 8 March 1918 in connection with the move of the Central Committee of Russian Communist Party (of Bolsheviks) and the Soviet of People's
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Petrograd Soviet of working people' and soldiers' deputies
PETROGRAD SOVIET OF WORKING PEOPLE' AND SOLDIERS' DEPUTIES (Petrograd Soviet), was established on February 27 (March 12 New Style), 1917 as Petrograd Soviet of working people's deputies; on March 1 (14 New Style) it united with Petrograd Soviet of
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Proletarskoy Diktatury Square
PROLETARSKOY DIKTATURY SQUARE (until 1864 - Orlovskaya Square, in 1864-1918 - Lafonskaya Square, in 1918-52 - Diktatury Square), between Suvorovsky Avenue, Proletarskoy Diktatury Street and Tverskaya Street
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
Widows' House
WIDOWS' HOUSE, charitable establishment for widows and their children. It was opened in 1803 on the initiative of Empress Maria Fedorovna on Vyborgskaya Side, in October 1809 it moved to the former Smolny Convent (today 1 Smolnogo Street)
|
|
|
|
|
|
hidden
|
|
hidden
|
|
hidden
|