Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Kolomyagi


Categories / City Topography/Historical Geography/Historical Districts, Localities, Tracts, Municipal Establishments

KOLOMYAGI, an area to the north-west of St. Petersburg, north of the Komendantsky Aerodrome and south-west of Ozerki; in the west it is adjacent large-scale residential development of Ozero Dolgoe. The name originates from the Finnish village Kolomyaki (known since the 17th century). In the early 18th century, the area was populated with Russian peasants and the village was named Kolomyagi. In the 18th century, Kolomyagi formed a part of Kamenny Nose Farmstead, owned by Prince M.N. Volkonsky, then - by chancellor A.P. Bestuzhev-Ryumin. In the 1830s, Kolomyazhskoe freeway was built; it connected Kolomyagi with the region of Chernaya Rechka River. In the 1890s, Ozerkovskaya Narrow-gauge Line of Primorskaya Railway from Kolomyagi Station and Grafskaya Station went through Kolomyagi (since 1948, this line has been functioning as the Childrens' Railway). In 1963, Kolomyagi was included within city boundaries. In the early 1990s, the building up of the territory with residential blocks of flats started. Since the late 1990s, Kolomyagi is a region of cottages and low buildings. Among individual residential houses, there are constructions of the 19th - early 20th centuries, including the manor and the park of Orlovs-Denisov Counts (1839-41, architect A.M. Gornostaev, 32 Glavnaya Street), Church of St. Demetrius of Thessalonica (1906, architect A.A. Vseslavin) and St. Alexander's Chapel (1885, architect F.K. Pirviz). The place-name has been preserved in the names of Kolomyazhsky Avenue and Novokolomyazhsky Avenue and Kolomyazhsky Bridge across Chernaya Rechka River.

References: Красногородцев С. Коломяги // БА. 1980. № 24. С. 39-50; Боровкова Н. "Предместье милое мое..." // Петербургские чтения. СПб., 1993. Вып. 1. С. 236-239.

Е. А. Bondarchuk, P.Y. Yudin.

Alexander Nevsky, Duke
Bestuzhev-Ryumin Alexey Petrovich, Count
Gornostaev Alexey Maximovich
Pirviz Fedor Karlovich von
the Orlov-Davydovs
the Orlov-Denisovs
Volkonsky Mikhail Nikolaevich, Duke
Vseslavin Alexander Alexandrovich

Glavnaya St./Saint Petersburg, city, house 32
Kolomyazhsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city Коломяги, house 32
Novokolomyazhsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city Коломяги
Коломяги, house 32