Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Sutugin Bridge

Sutugin Bridge

Categories / Architecture/Bridges

SUTUGIN BRIDGE, across Bumazhny Canal, along Perekopskaya Street (former Sutugina Street, hence the name), serves as an entrance into Ekateringof Park. Prior to 1795, a wooden bridge existed here; in 1823 it was transformed into a five-span bridge (engineers B. Clapeyron, P.P. Bazen). In 1945, the wooden framework was replaced with the metal one. In 1979, a single-span bridge on reinforced concrete piers was built (engineer V.N. Shlotsky); the curved beam framework made of composite reinforced concrete (transferred from Golovinsky Bridge). On the right-bank abutment of the bridge, the 19th-century red-granite vases have been installed on plinths. The bridge is 25.7 metres long, 9.8 metres wide.

D. Y. Guzevich.

Bazen Peter Petrovich
Clapeyron Benoit Paul Emile
Shlotsky V.N.

Perekopskaya St./Saint Petersburg, city

Bumazhny Canal

Bumazhny Canal (Paper Canal) was dug between the Ekaterinhofka River and the Tarakanovka River for practical purposes in the second half of the 18th century. It bears its name from the Ekaterinhof Cotton Mill (today

Golovinsky Bridge

GOLOVINSKY BRIDGE, across Chernaya River at the river mouth, joining Ushakovskaya and Vyborgskaya embankments. Built in 1875 where from 1817 a wooden bridge had existed. It had a wooden arched structure on stone piers