Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Lesgaft Academy of Physical Education, State, St. Petersburg

Lesgaft Academy of Physical Education, State, St. Petersburg


Categories / Science. Education/Educational Institutions

LESGAFT ACADEMY OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION, State, St. Petersburg (SPSAFC) (35 Dekabristov Street) was founded by P.F. Lesgaft in 1896 as the Higher Courses for Physical Education Directors. In 1905-07 it was named the Free High School and in 1910 it was renamed the Higher Courses. They were established by N.V. Dmitriev at the St. Petersburg Biological Laboratory. The State Lesgaft Institute of Physical Education was founded on the basis of Lesgaft Courses in 1919; it was renamed into Lesgaft Institute of Physical Culture in 1926-92 and received its present-day name in 1993. It is the oldest Russian academy that prepares physical education teachers and coaches in different kinds of sports. Among the graduates are Olympic champions and winners of international competitions. In 2002, it included the faculties of pre-high school preparation, adaptive physical education, economics, management and law, coaching, and pedagogy. Students have a stadium, a swimming pool and specialised sport bases.

References: Лесгафтовцы: Сб. Л., 1986; Агеевец В. У. Академия физической культуры им. П. Ф. Лесгафта: (деятельность, проблемы, перспективы) // Теория и методика физ. подготовки. 1994. № 1. С. 110-116.

А. P. Kupaygorodskaya.

Persons
Dmitriev Nikolay Vsevolodovich
Lesgaft Peter Franzevich

Addresses
Dekabristov St./Saint Petersburg, city, house 35

Bibliographies
Агеевец В. У. Академия физической культуры им. П. Ф. Лесгафта: (деятельность, проблемы, перспективы) // Теория и методика физической подготовки., 1994
Лесгафтовцы: Сб. Л., 1986

The subject Index
Lesgaft's Courses


Dekabristov Street

DEKABRISTOV STREET, called Ofitserskaya Street until 1918, running from Voznesensky Avenue to Pryazhka River Embankment. The street was laid in the 1740s across the Admiralty Board attendants" living-quarters

Demidov Garden

DEMIDOV GARDEN is situated at Ofitserskaya (today Dekabristov) Street; between Pisareva Street and Moika River Embankment. In the early 18th century the lot belonged to Baron P.P

Lesgaft P.F. (1837-1909), anatomist, teacher

LESGAFT Peter Frantsevich (St. Petersburg, 1837-1909), anatomist and teacher. Graduated from the Medical Surgical Academy in 1861. In 1868, he became a professor at Kazan University. In 1871, started teaching at the Medical Surgical Academy

Panin-Kolomenkin N.A. (1871-1956), sportsman

PANIN-KOLOMENKIN (real name Kolomenkin) Nikolay Alexandrovich (1871-1956, Leningrad), athlete, coach, Merited Master of Sports (1940). He lived in St. Petersburg since 1885. He graduated from Department of Mathematics and Mechanics of St

Physical Education and Sports (entry)

PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS. Russian amateur athletic activities date back to the first yacht club in Russia Nevsky Fleet, founded in 1718 by the order of tsar Peter the Great (see Yacht Clubs). In 1827 a swimming school was opened on the Neva