Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Bonch-Bruevich M.A., (1888-1940), radio technician

Bonch-Bruevich M.A., (1888-1940), radio technician

Categories / Science. Education/Personalia
Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Pushkin personality

BONCH-BRUEVICH Mikhail Alexandrovich (1888-1940, Leningrad), radio technician, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1931). Graduated from the Nikolaevsky Engineering School (1909) and the Military Electrotechnical School in Petrograd (1915), where he later lectured. In 1916-18, he organised the first-time manufacture of Russian electrical tubes. From 1918, worked in Nizhny Novgorod and Moscow. Under his guidance, the world's first Komintern high-power radio station was constructed in Moscow in 1922, as well as a high-powered generator-tube with a water cooling system. From 1932, he lived in Leningrad, working as a professor at the Leningrad Institute for Communications Systems Engineers (named after Bonch-Bruevich in 1940; today called the St. Petersburg Telecommunication University), and as acting director of Scientific Research Institute No. Nine. From 1934, he lived at the House of Specialists at 61 Lesnoy Avenue. Buried at the Bogoslovskoe Cemetery.

References: Арнаутов Л. И., Карпов Я. К. Прорыв в грядущее: Страницы жизни М. А. Бонч-Бруевича, пионера сов. радиотехники. М., 1986.

V. V. Cheparukhin.

Bonch-Bruevich Mikhail Alexandrovich

Lesnaya Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 61

Остряков П. А. Михаил Александрович Бонч-Бруевич. М., 1953

The subject Index
Russian Academy of Sciences
Telecommunications University
Houses of Specialists (entry)
Bogoslovskoe Cemetery