Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
The subject index / Ushakovsky Bridge

Ushakovsky Bridge


Categories / Architecture/Bridges

USHAKOVSKY BRIDGE (called Stroganovsky until 1952, from the neighboring summer residence of Count A.S. Stroganov; prior to that, Second Kamennoostrovksy), across the Bolshaya Nevka River, connecting Kamennoostrovsky Avenue and Akademika Krylova Street. The bridge was renamed so as to commemorate Admiral F.F. Ushakov. In 1786, a floating pontoon bridge was launched here. Between 1847 and 1853, a multi-span nogging strut-framed wooden bridge with an opening span was built here. In 1906-07, 1911, and 1935 the bridge was rebuilt; after reconstruction work of 1953-55 (engineers V.V. Demchenko, B.B. Levin, architects P.A. Areshev, V.S. Vasilkovsky) the bridge contains 11 spans; the central span is a double-leaf swing, its framework has a rolling bascule structure; the other spans are bridged over with continuous beams with curved chords (six side spans contain reinforced concrete three-span beams; the four spans covering the riverbed contain metal two-span beams). The bridge footing is faced with granite. In 1999-2000, during the building of the highway junction, the right-bank span was covered over. The bridge is 254.8 metres long (including the approaches to the bridge) and 27 metres wide.

D. Y. Guzevich, S.Z. Suponitsky, N.M. Kozlovskaya.

Persons
Areshev Peter Artemievich
Demchenko V.V.
Levin B.B.
Stroganov Alexander Grigorievich, Count
Stroganov Alexander Sergeevich, Count
Ushakov Fedor Fedorovich
Ushakov Fedor Fedorovich

Addresses
Akademika Krylova St./Saint Petersburg, city
Kamennoostrovsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city


Bridges (entry)

BRIDGES, an integral part of the urban planning structure and architectural appearance of St. Petersburg. In 2002, the city numbered 342 bridges of various kinds and types; in Kronstadt: 5 bridges, Pushkin: 54 bridges, Petrodvorets: 51 bridges