Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / The Mariinsky Woman Gymnasium.

The Mariinsky Woman Gymnasium.

Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Monuments of history and culture

The building was built in 1845-1846 to the design of D.E. Yefimov for placing the office of the Governor of the Palace Board and Tsarskoye Selo Town headed by Ya.V. Zakharzhevsky. Constructing works were made under the direction of the architect N.S. Nikitin. The office rooms and Ya.V. Zakharzhevsky’s flat were placed here. In 1865-1866 A.F. Vidov adapted for a gymnasium of the Mariinsky department. He retained the main staircase and central main hall as well as the flat of the Governor that was put to a chief master of the gymnasium. The opening of the gymnasium took place in this building on 7 February 1865. The first principle was the famous teacher N.A. Vyshnegradsky. Y.V. Zakharzhevsky was one of founders and the first trustee. In connection with rising the number of pupils the building was rebuilt and enlarged in 1874-1875 on A.F. Vidov’s project. In 1906-1907 the building was rebuilt again, it was overbuilt one more floor according to the project of the architect G.D. Grim and under the direction of the civil engineer V.A. Lipavsky. The decorating facades with rustics and window’s wedge key stones placed in fanlike way and superimposing each other date from the original architectural decoration of the building. The decoration of arch windows and attic completion was used by G.D. Grim in overbuilt third floor. A.A. Gorenko the future poetess A.A. Akhmatova , was learning in the Mariinsky Gymnasium during 1900-1905.

Semenova Galina Victorovna

Akhmatova Anna Andreevna
Efimov Dmitry Egorovich
Grimm German Davidovich
Lipavsky, V.A.
Nikitin, N.S.
Vidov Alexander Fomich
Vyshnegradsky Nikolay Alexeevich
Zakharzhevsky, Ya.V.

Leontievskaya Street/Pushkin, town, house 17


Architect N.S. Nikitin constructed the office building of the Chief Manager of the Palace Board, according to the design by D.E. Efimov. During 1865-1866 architect A.F. Vidov accomodated this building for the gymnasium
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


17 April. The Evangelical-Lutheran Church of the Resurrection of Christ, designed by A.F. Vidov on the place of the wooden Lutheran church built by V.P. Stasov in 1810, was consecrated. General Ya.V
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


The palm hothouse designed by the architect A. Bach was constructed behind the Manege building and later it was transferring into Saint Petersburg, near the Taurida Palace. Architect A
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


19 January. In the Alexander Palace Nicholas II received the workers deputation after the incident "Bloody Sunday" on 9 January in Petersburg. 50 000 roubles were assigned for the families of suffered men, this was told during the meeting.
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


30 January - 8 March. Andrei Bely, a poet and prosaist, stayed at R.V. Ivanov-Razumnik, a literary critic and publicist, in Tsarskoye Selo. 4 February. Niktopolion Svyatsky, a poet and warrior, died in Tsarskoye Selo
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


June. The headquarters of the virgin lands workers was organized at the Leningrad Agricultural Institute; the headquarters began to form the student units for the work on the virgin lands in Kazakhstan
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


8 June. The Divine Liturgy was performed in the Cathedral of St. Sophia, the first church given to the Russian Orthodox Church after stopping the policy of theomachy in Russia. By 2009 eight Orthodox churches have been opened in the town
Source: Tsarskoe Selo