Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Ol А.А. (1883-1958), architect

Ol А.А. (1883-1958), architect

Categories / Architecture/Personalia

OL Andrey Andreevich (1883 - 1958, Leningrad), architect, corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Architecture (1941), doctor of architecture (1943). Graduated from the Institute of Civil Engineering (1910), completed traineeship with Finnish architect E. Saarinen (1905-06), afterwards - with F.I. Lidval (1906-07). Under the influence of Scandinavian and Finnish national Romanticism, designed the summer cottage of the writer L.N. Andreev in Vemmelsuu on the Karelian Isthmus (1907-08, has not survived). Neoclassical traits also dominate the residential houses in the Kamennoostrovsky community (6 Aptekarsky Avenue 1911-12), Т.V. Belozersky's mansion (now 25 Kuybysheva Street 1913-14) and the building of the trading house V.P. Lipin and sons (2 Muchnoy Lane 1914-15). His other constructions include the electric power station Utkina Creek (now Krasny Oktyabr, 108 Oktyabrskaya Embankment 1914-22), refrigerator warehouse at the seaport (1925-26). Designer of the first commune house in Leningrad (7 Rubinstein Street, 1929-30), following the constructivist principles, one of the project designers for the building of the Joint State Political Directorate (OGPU building, 4 Liteiny Avenue, see Bolshoy House). The detail of some of his late works are inspired by reworking Renaissance motives, seen in a residential house at 13 Borodinskaya Street (1934-36), 12 Suvorovsky Avenue (1935-38), a school at the 28 Kirochnaya Street (mid-1930s). In Avtovo district residential area development project, Nikonov made use of Neoclassical techniques (80-84 Stachek Avenue, Zaytseva and Krasnoputilovskaya streets, 1937-41, in collaboration with S.E. Brovtsev), was involved in the projects of the residential houses on 177-181 Moskovsky Avenue (1937-50s). Supervised the restoration and reconstruction of Petrodvorets (1944-54). Lectured at the Leningrad Institute of Civil Engineering (1921-58, from 1933 conferred the title of professor). Buried at Literatorskie Mostki.

Reference: А. Оль. Л., 1959; Быкова Г. Д. Андрей Оль. Л., 1976.

B. М. Kirikov.

Andreev Leonid Nikolaevich
Belozersky T.V.
Brovtsev Sergey Efimovich
Lidval Fedor (Iogan Friedrich) Ivanovich
Ol Andrey Andreevich
Saarinen Eliel

Aptekarsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 6
Borodinskaya St./Saint Petersburg, city, house 13
Kirochnaya St./Saint Petersburg, city, house 28
Krasnoputilovskaya St./Saint Petersburg, city
Kuibysheva St./Saint Petersburg, city, house 25
Liteiny Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 4
Moskovsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 179
Moskovsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 177
Moskovsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 181
Muchnaya Lane/Saint Petersburg, city, house 2
Oktyabrskaya Embankment/Saint Petersburg, city, house 108
Rubinsteina St./Saint Petersburg, city, house 7
Stachek Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 84
Stachek Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 80
Stachek Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 82
Suvorovsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 12
Zaytseva Street/Saint Petersburg, city

А. Оль. Л., 1959
Быкова Г. Д. Андрей Оль. Л., 1976

The subject Index
Bolshoy Dom
Literatorskie (Literary) Mostki, the museum-necropolis