Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / 1912


Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Chronicle of three centuries/1901 - 1925

11 January. The memorial plaque with the inscription "The Emperor Lyceum Was Placed in This Building from 1811 untill 1843" was opened on the building of the Tsarskoye Selo Lyceum by the 100th anniversary of its founding. The Lyceun graduaters, who arrived in the special train on the Tsar railway branch line, took part in the ceremonial event.

1 February. A meeting of literary men of the association "The Workshop of Poets" took place in the Gumelyovs' house in Malaya Street. Anna Akhmatova's first poem collection "Vecher" ("The Evening"), in many respects evoked by Tsarskoye Selo impressions, was issued on 8 March.

3 September. The upper church (it was built to the design of V.A. Pokrovsky) of the Theodorovskaya Icon of the Mother of God, which was the "inherited blessing" of the Romanovs' House, was consecrated and the cave-church (it was built to the design of V.N. Maksimov) of St. Seraphim of Sarov was consecrated on 10 December.

The Tsar Railwas Station was built to the design of the architect V.A. Pokrovsky on the place of the wooden pavilion, burned in 1911, for the own Emperor railway branch line.

18 September. The son Lev Nikolayevich Gumilyov, the future scientist, author of many books on the history of Russia, was born in the family of Gumilyov and Akhmatova. Lev Gumilyov was baptized in the Cathedral of St. Catherine in Tsarskoye Selo on 7 November 1912.

Akhmatova Anna Andreevna
Gumilev Lev Nikolaevich
Gumilev Nikolay Stepanovich
Maksimov, Vladimir Nikolayevich
Pokrovsky Vladimir Alexandrovich

Malaya Street/Pushkin, town

The subject Index
Poets Guild
St. Catherine’s Cathedral in Tsarskoe Selo
Court Cathedral of Our Lady Feodorovskaya