Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
The subject index / Krasnaya Zarya, plant

Krasnaya Zarya, plant

Categories / Economy/Industry

KRASNAYA ZARYA (60 Bolshoy Sampsonievsky Avenue), open joint-stock company, for many years was one of the leading companies in the area of development and production of telephone equipment. It was founded in 1897 by a head of a Swedish engineering company L.M. Ericsson, and was located at 9 Dvadtsataya Liniya of Vasilievsky Island. Since 1900 the company has been located at its present-day address. The plant produced telephone devices and switchboards, and equipped central call-offices in Moscow, Riga, Kiev and other cities. Since 1905 it dealt mainly with military telephony. In 1918 the production was stopped, in 1917 the plant was nationalized. Since 1922 the plant has been called Krasnaya Zarya. In the 1920-30s the plant produced telephones and communicators, and automatic telephone stations for Leningrad and other cities. The telephone and telegraph line between Moscow and Khabarovsk (the longest line of the time) was equipped with the hardware produced at the plant. Since the 1930s the plant has been manufacturing hardware for simple and complex encoding for the purposes of security of government calls. Since the beginning of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45 Krasnaya Zarya produced field hardware and stations, grenades, helmets, and pots. In 1941-42 the equipment was evacuated and the production of field telephony continued in Ufa, Moscow and Perm. In 1943 the plant returned to its activities in Leningrad. After the war it produced local and long-distance automatic telephone stations, telephone stations for villages and ships, equipment for nuclear power stations and for space work. Krasnaya Zarya products were exported to 40 countries, and the Plant was awarded the Grand Prix at the World Fair in Brussels (1958). In 1994 the plant was reincorporated as a joint-stock company.

References: Хабло Е. П. "Красная Заря": История ленингр. науч.-произв. об-ния "Красная Заря". Л., 1983; Рыбаков В. И. Столетие "Красной Зари" // Электросвязь. 1997. № 12. С. 2-4.

V. S. Solomko.

Ericsson Lars Magnus

Bolshoy Sampsonievsky Ave/Saint Petersburg, city, house 60

Рыбаков В. И. Столетие "Красной Зари" // Электросвязь, 1997
Хабло Е. П. "Красная заря": История ленингр. науч.-произв. об-ния "Красная заря". Л., 1983


Sampsonievsky Bolshoy Avenue

SAMPSONIEVSKY BOLSHOY AVENUE, named Samsonievskaya Street in 1739, then B. Samsonievsky Avenue in the early 19th century, receiving its present name in the late 19th century

Stadiums (entry)

STADIUMS. By the beginning of the 20th century, there were several sport-grounds and football fields in St Petersburg. The Lenin Stadium (1925; now Petrovsky) was Leningrad's first. In 1950, the Kirov Stadium was opened